The new "Wi-Fi network mode" feature is now available for the KODAK Cherish C520/C525 Baby Monitors to extend the range between the Parent Unit and the Baby Unit.
You can find the option of the ‘Wi-Fi network mode’ in the main menu of the Parent Unit after you have downloaded the latest firmware version on both devices. Turning ON this feature allows the Baby Unit and the Parent Unit to be connected to a WiFi router as a bridge.
Note: Please pair the camera via Wi-Fi with KODAK Smart Home App to get the latest firmware version for this feature.
Following conditions are required when the Parent Unit switches between the Auto mode/Router mode
- The Camera must be connected to the Internet via the primary Wi-Fi SSID as the Parent Unit will connect to the same primary Wi-Fi SSID. In the event that the camera connects to an alternative Wi-Fi SSID, the parent unit will not be able to find the camera, you need to ensure that the camera is connected to the primary Wi-Fi SSID.
- Do not hard reset or remove camera from the mobile application.
- Do not repair the camera to another Wi-Fi SSID while the camera and Parent Unit are already connected to a specific Wi-Fi router.
- Router or Auto mode will not work when using split screen. Please turn OFF split screen before using this feature.
Once the devices are updated, the Parent Unit can connect to the baby unit via 3 different modes:
Auto Mode: This is the default setting. In this mode, the Parent Unit switches automatically to connect to the Wi-Fi router to access the camera or connect directly to the camera based on the strongest link found between the two devices.
Router Mode: In this mode, the Parent Unit will always connect via the Wi-Fi router to access the camera.
Direct Mode: In this mode, the Parent Unit will always connect directly to the camera.
To increase the range via the Wi-Fi router between the units, the router should be located at the center of the Parent Unit and Baby Unit(s).
Please check further the Setup information as illustrated below:
- Suggested Set up (In order to get the best range when using the Auto/Router Mode):
- In-correct Setup (This Setup may not help to extend the range between Parent Unit and Baby Unit using Auto/Router mode. Direct mode is recommended in this case.):