The connection/reset issue is common to all cameras that are connected to the KODAK server through the router. It is caused by a bug that works with the Daylight Saving mode.
A new firmware update was released (on April 2, 2020) to rectify the problem. Products produced after that aforementioned date will come with the new update. On the other hand, users that are experiencing such reset issues should follow these steps to correct the error.
- Switch off the WiFi Router that the camera(s) is paired with
- Unplug the camera from the charger and ensure the switch turned off.
- Plug the camera into the charger again (without switching it on).
- Press & hold the PAIR button while it is plugged into the power source and switch ON the camera
- Keep pressing the PAIR button until the camera makes 2 beeps ONLY (You will need to hold for about 20-25 secs to hear 2 beeps). In the event that you hear 3 beeps, please start from STEP 2.
- Release the button after the 2 Beeps. The camera will start the reset-factory process which takes about 2 mins.
- Wait for the camera's Blue LED light to start blinking slowly. That is an indication that the reset process was successful.
- Now, turn on the parent unit and check if the camera is still paired and streams well on Direct Mode. If not, please pair the camera again to the parent unit.
Click here on how to pair the camera with the parent unit.
- Switch the WiFi Router back on and wait for 5 min.
- Launch the app and pair the camera again by using the "Add New Device" option.
- When pairing the app, it will request to update to the latest firmware. Allow it.
- Once the update is done it will stream as normal.