Home Mode is a new feature, which once enabled disconnects the Camera from the Wi-Fi Router to connect it directly via the Parent unit using Radio Frequency.
This mode utilizes and enhances the radio frequency connection between the Parent unit and the camera. It is meant to put your mind at ease and keep your loved ones safe, should you experience an unexpected power outage or connection issues, as you can continue to monitor your little one without interruptions.
Home Mode will also allow you to keep up with any software updates, as we are continuously enhancing it and your devices with new and improved features so you can get the best out of your Kodak Smart Home product.
How to activate Home Mode:
- Press the Menu button
- Press the upward keypad arrow and then "OK" when Network Settings is highlighted.
- Using the right keypad arrow navigate to Home Mode then press "OK".
- You'll have the option to select the duration of Home Mode: always ON, 12 Hours or 8 Hours.
- It will take around 25-30 seconds to switch to Home Mode, you should see the message: "
Switching to Home Mode…"
- After switching to Home Mode, the Parent unit will proceed to connect to the Camera: "Connecting to camera…"
- When connected successfully via Home Mode the Parent Unit's connection icon will display a lock symbol: .
How to deactivate Home Mode:
- You can deactivate Home Mode through the Parent unit manually by changing modes.
- To change modes, you will need to un-pair your Camera from the Parent Unit.
- Enter the Menu > Pair menu > select '-' (minus) icon.
Re-enabling Home Mode:
- You can switch modes or re-enable Home Mode by re-pairing the Camera to the Parent Unit.
- Press and hold the pair button on the camera for 4 seconds then release (until you hear the first beep)
- This will temporarily exit Home Mode.
- On the camera, press the pair button to start the re-pairing process.
When you use your Parent unit to stream the camera, you will receive a popup message on your Parent unit asking you to confirm if you want the camera to stream in Home Mode: "Camera x was previously in Home Mode. Would you like to resume using Home Mode?"
- Selecting "NO" will result in your Camera connecting to Wi-Fi.
- Selecting "YES" will disconnect the Camera from Wi-Fi and resume Home Mode.
After exiting Home Mode, the KODAK Smart Home App will show that the camera is online and will resume its live streaming.
Automatic Connectivity Issue Detection:
When the Parent Unit detects any possible connectivity issues, disruptions or a high channel sync rate it will display the following message: Connectivity Issue Detected. You will then have the option to switch to Home Mode
Home Mode & the KODAK Smart Home App
You will not be able to view your camera(s) via the KODAK Smart Home App when using Home Mode. You can monitor the camera only via the Parent unit during this time. When this feature is enabled, the affected Camera(s) will show in the mobile app as being in Home Mode.
To view/ monitor the camera via the App, you will need to disable Home Mode. Kindly refer to the "How to deactivate Home Mode" section of this article for instructions on how to disable this feature.
- The camera will connect to the router daily between 1 pm and 3 pm (13:00 - 15:00) local time to check for any updates.
- The connection range may be shorter when switching from Router to Home mode, as it will depend on the setup of the camera and Parent Unit.
Availability: Home Mode is available on the following Devices:
- All Kodak Cherish Baby Monitors on the following firmware versions:
- Camera Firmware v. 03.03.78 and above.
- Parent unit Firmware v. 04.03.02 and above.
Please don't hesitate to contact us, if you have any additional questions or need assistance setting-up Home Mode.