Home Mode is a new feature in the Cherish series. Once enabled, it disconnects the Camera from the Wi-Fi Router to connect it directly to the Parent Unit using Radio Frequency. That way, users can continue to monitor their kids even when there is an unexpected power outage or connection issues.
How to Activate Home Mode
- Press the Menu button.
- Search for the Network Settings icon using the UP button. Then, click "OK."
- Using the RIGHT arrow, navigate to the Home Mode icon and press "OK."
- Choose a duration for the home mode feature: Always ON, 12 hours, or 8 hours.
After about 25-30 seconds, the device will switch to Home Mode. The Parent Unit will then connect with the camera.
How to Deactivate Home Mode
Users can easily deactivate the Home Mode by changing modes on the Parent Unit. To change modes, do the following:
- Un-pair your Camera from the Parent Unit.
- Press the menu button > Pair menu.
- Select the Minus (-) button icon.
Re-enabling Home Mode
To re-enable the Home Mode, users should pair their camera again with the Parent Unit.
- Press and hold the pair button on the camera for 4 seconds then release (until you hear the first beep). That will temporarily exit Home Mode.
- On the camera, press the pair button to start the repairing process.
When you use your Parent unit to stream the camera, you will receive a pop-up message. The notification will ask if you want to stream on Home Mode. Select "YES."
After exiting Home Mode, the KODAK Smart Home App will show that the camera is online and will resume its live streaming.
Automatic Connectivity Issue Detection
When the Parent Unit detects any possible connectivity issues, disruptions or a high channel sync rate it will display the following message: "Connectivity Issue Detected."
You will then have the option to switch to Home Mode
Home Mode & the KODAK Smart Home App
When the Home Mode is ON, users will not be able to view the camera on the KODAK Smart Home App. They will have to use the Parent Unit to stream during this time.
Therefore, users that wish to monitor the camera via the App will have to disable Home Mode. Kindly refer to the "How to deactivate Home Mode" section of this article for instructions on how to disable this feature.
Home Mode is available on all KODAK Cherish Baby Monitors with the following firmware versions (or higher updates):
- Camera Firmware v.03.03.78
- Parent unit Firmware v.04.03.0
- The camera will connect to the router daily between 1 pm and 3 pm (13:00 - 15:00) local time to check for any updates.
- The connection range may be shorter when switching from Router to Home mode, as it will depend on the setup of the camera and Parent Unit.