Several users complained of a noise coming from the KODAK Cherish baby monitor. The white noise from the surroundings likely causes that, and it is peculiar to older firmware versions.
To correct this problem, eBuyNow eCommerce Ltd. introduced a VOX option on all the baby monitors through the latest firmware upgrades: v.03.02.34 for the baby cameras and v.04.00.16 for the Parent unit.
What Does VOX Do?
The VOX feature helps to decipher and cut off the white noise. It mutes the Parent unit from reproducing the sounds below the set audio threshold when it is turned on. However, when there is a sound greater than the audio threshold (e.g., baby crying or a bucket falling, etc.), the audio will play on the parent unit at full volume.
How to Enable the VOX Feature on the Parent Unit
Once the VOX feature is enabled, it is set by default to Level 2. In total, there are three thresholds options to choose from, and each is suitable to the serenity levels of the environment. A noisy area will most appropriately require the Level 3 option, while Level 1 is most suited to a quiet environment.
To enable VOX or set the audio threshold, follow this guide:
- Press on the menu button on the Parent Unit.
- Use the "up" or down" to find. Then, click OK.
- After that, a list of options will appear on the screen. Use the left and right arrow buttons to choose the audio threshold that suits your environment.
- Select OK to confirm the setting.
The VOX will start working one (1) minute after the desired level is selected.
How to Disable the VOX Feature on the Parent Unit
Situations may arise where a parent may decide to turn off the VOX feature. That is quite an easy and quick process. The steps are listed below:
- Click on the menu button on the monitor.
- Use the Up or Down arrows to select the disable icon.
- Press the OK button to disable VOX.