Usually, once a firmware update is available, the notification to upgrade is sent to every user via the parent unit. Those who didn't get the new-version alert may have to switch Off and On the Parent Unit. Then, after streaming for a while, a pop-up notification to the upgrade will show on the screen. You can also download the Firmware update through the KODAK Smart home app on your mobile device.
Users should ensure that they have the latest App version:
- iOS: v.2.0.10(167)
- Android: v.2.0.11(148)
To update the Firmware, please follow the next steps:
- Launch the app and go to the Dashboard;
- Click on the Settings icon showing on the video screen.
- Under the device settings, you will have the option to update the Firmware.
- To update the Camera's firmware, the device must be turned on but ensure that the Parent Unit is turned off.
- Place the Parent Unit near the Camera you are streaming, within 3 to 9 feet of range (1 to 3 meters)
- Switch the Parent Unit OFF, wait for 10 seconds, then switch it ON. Following that, you should see the prompt to update firmware on the Parent Unit after the video is ON for about 15 seconds.
- When the parent unit displays the new firmware upgrade message, select "YES." The Parent Unit will reboot and automatically update before resuming the stream (that may take 3-4 min).
The procedure above must only be carried with a substantial battery level on both units. If the Parent unit or camera battery is weak, the firmware upgrading process will not activate. For best results, users are advised to keep both units plugged in when carrying out the process.
If you receive the message saying, "PU is not ready for an upgrade," please bring the Parent Unit and Camera closer together and repeat the above steps.