You might have already received a notification on your parent unit to upgrade.
If you have not received the notification, can you please switch off the Parent Unit and then you should be able to upgrade.
You can also download the Firmware update through the KODAK Smart home app on your mobile device.
Please ensure that you have the latest App version
- iOS 2.0.4(134)
- Android 2.0.4(120)
To update the Firmware please follow the next steps:
- Launch the app and go to the Dashboard;
- Click on the wheel showing on the video screen (this will bring up the device settings);
- Under the device settings, you will have the option to update the Firmware.
To update the Camera's firmware the device must be turned on but ensure that the Parent Unit is turned off.
Then you can follow the instructions on the app to update the firmware on the Parent Unit or you can follow the steps below:
- Place the parent unit near the Camera (1-3 meters),
- Keep both units plugged in if possible,
- Switch OFF and then ON the Parent Unit,
- Follow a dialog on the Parent Unit asking to upgrade and select "YES"
- Wait for the Parent Unit to reboot and resume stream (this will take 3-4 min).
If you receive the message "PU is not ready for upgrade", just repeat Step 3 again to retry with a closer distance between the Parent Unit and the Camera.
*Note: For best results, keep both units plugged in (if possible) all related devices must have a good battery status and close to the Wi-Fi router during the upgrade. If the Parent unit's or camera's battery is weak, the firmware upgrading process will not activate.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any queries on the above or need further assistance.