Due to several possible reasons, users may experience difficulty pairing their camera with the app. Such errors may appear with the code "Error 5." Usually, it is caused by common connection issues like being out of the network range, using a wrong password, or an unsupported Wi-Fi band. To clear this error, go through the guide below:
- Try to move the camera closer to the router for the setup (less than 3ft/1m) and try again. Once the setup is complete, you can move the camera to your desired space.
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi selected is 2.4GHz as KODAK cameras do not support a 5GHz connection.
- Double-check that the Wi-Fi password used is correct.
- Check your router and/or firewall settings to see any traffic blocked from the camera. If you have a Port restricted Firewall, you can open up the port range from 8000 to 9000 for the camera to connect to our service. You will need to restart the camera, and you will not need to pair the camera again.
For security reasons, the app does not support set-up within the following:
1) Open Wi-Fi (i.e., WiFi without password).
2) Public WiFi. You will need to set up the camera within a Secured WiFi connection.
Some Dual-band Wi-Fi routers require the 5GHz connection to be disabled during the pairing process. To do this, you will need to access your Wi-Fi router settings to disable the dual-band and enable only the 2.4GHz connection. Once the setup/pairing is successful, you can re-enable the Dual-band (2.4Ghz/5GHz).
If the issue persists after following the above, please do not hesitate to contact us to assist you further.