Due to several possible reasons, users may experience difficulty pairing their cameras with the app. Such errors may appear with the code "Error 5." Usually, it is caused by common connection issues like being out of the network range, using a wrong password, or an unsupported Wi-Fi band. To clear this error, go through the guide below:
- Move the camera closer to the router for the setup (less than 3ft/1m) and try again. Once the setup is complete, move the camera to the desired space.
- Also, ensure that the WiFi selected is 2.4GHz, as our cameras do not support a 5Ghz connection. At the same time, double-check that the WiFi password used is correct.
Tip: Some Dual-band Wi-Fi routers require disabling the 5GHz connection during the pairing process. To do this, you will need to access your WiFi Router Settings to disable the dual-band and enable the 2.4GHz connection only. Once the setup/pairing is successful, you can re-enable the Dual-band (2.4Ghz/5GHz).
Please note that for security reasons, the app does not support setup within the following:
1) Open WiFi (i.e., WiFi without password)
2) Public / Campus WiFi (i.e., a connection that requires extra login to access the internet)
If the issue persists, please follow the steps as illustrated below:
1) Remove the KODAK app (delete the app from your mobile device)
2) Install the KODAK app once again and repeat the process above
Note: You will need to set up the camera within a Secured WiFi connection.